Crafting a Compelling Message Workshop
Reaching Your Readers: Crafting Stories and Messages that Get Attention
As a Corporate Communications or PR professional, you constantly need to keep your writing fresh, to sharpen old skills and find new ways to engage readers with lively stories, press releases, blog posts, articles, media pitches, and internal messages.
In this stimulating workshop, you will gain new tools and insights to deepen your knowledge of the writing craft and to help you master new writing skills. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a communicator new to the profession, you will invigorate your writing and gain greater confidence in this enlightening session.
Here are a few highlights of what you will learn:
- Understand what defines news and what determines a good story.
- Establish a sense of direction in your writing by brainstorming your ideas.
- Sharpen your interviewing skills so that you get people to talk.
- Understand the finer points of strong leads that draw people in.
- Write effective headlines that invite readers to click.
- Use three techniques Wall Street Journal writers use to simplify complex information.
- Build rhythm and variety into your sentences.
- Trim the flab: Know what to include and what to cut.
- Edit effectively using a three-step process.
Here are a few questions you will be able to answer:
- When I have a mountain of notes, old clips, and printouts, how do I make sense of it all?
- How can I get people I interview to explain things clearly?
- How can I write leads that truly capture attention?
- How is a story structured differently from a memo?
- If I collect a lot of information during my research, how do I decide what to leave out?
- What is the difference between editing and proofreading?
To learn more or to get details on pricing and schedules, please complete our contact form or call 207-846-7600.