Persuasive Writing Workshop
The Power of Persuasion: Moving an Audience to Yes
When asked to craft a persuasive message, many people quickly think about being polite, but being persuasive requires more than please and thank you.
Business professionals are called on frequently to write persuasive messages. Perhaps they want to convince senior management that their idea is better than someone else’s, or maybe they need to persuade employees to change their opinion of a new policy. Persuasive appeals often require overcoming resistance or swaying those who are sitting on the fence.
This workshop will explore tactics that behavioral psychologists have found to be effective in motivating people to comply with requests or change their point of view.
Here are topics we will discuss:
- Why credibility is essential to influencing others
- What it really means to analyze your audience
- How you can open a message when readers/ listeners are resistant
- How you can hold the audience’s attention and influence their thought process
- How you can use five social influence tactics to move someone to your point of view
To learn more or to get details on pricing and schedules, please complete our contact form or call 207-232-7563.